As a business owner, you have a lot of big decisions to make every day, and processing payroll probably isn’t at the top of your mind. However, it’s not a task you can ignore, since your employees rely on getting paid on time. Let Chandler & Knowles CPAs handle your payroll administration so that you can be better prepared to manage your business efficiently. In addition to providing business accounting and tax preparation services, we are a full-service payroll firm that can keep your company’s payroll process running smoothly.
Our Payroll Services Include:
- Complete Payroll Processing and Direct Deposit Service -- We work with you to set up a payroll processing schedule and get payments to your employees on time, whether you are using direct deposit or printed checks. We carefully track each payroll period for your records and make adjustments as necessary to reflect raises, commissions, new hires, and other changes.
Learn more about our Complete Payroll Processing
- Payroll Reporting -- At Chandler and Knowles, we track your payroll and ensure that you submit the proper reports to your employees, contractors, and the IRS. By handling your payroll reporting, we save you time and help you avoid costly errors.
Learn more about our Payroll Reporting Services
- Child Support/Garnishment Administration -- If you are legally required to garnish the wages of one or more of your employees for child support, student loans, or back taxes, we will calculate the appropriate deduction and factor it in when processing payroll. Working with us as a third party for wage garnishment administration can help keep your relationship with your employees professional and conflict-free.
Learn more about our Payroll Garnishment Services
- W-2 Management Services -- We will produce and distribute W-2 forms to your employees ahead of the annual deadline. We can also help you file your employees’ W-2 forms with the IRS and state tax department so that your business meets all tax requirements.
Learn more about our W2 Production and Distribution Services
- New Hire Reporting -- Our small business payroll services extend to new hire reporting, meaning that we can assist you in accurately reporting information on new employees to the appropriate federal and state agencies. This service can be particularly beneficial if you experience a lot of turnover and regularly hire new employees. We specialize in Texas new hire reporting.
Learn more about our New Hire Reporting Services
- Payroll Taxes and Filing for Federal, State, and Local -- Don’t get bogged down during tax season—let us handle your payroll so that all appropriate documents are submitted to the IRS on time. Working with a professional on your payroll taxes can help you remain in compliance and reduce the risk of being audited.
Learn more about our Payroll Taxes and Filing Services
- Vacation, Sick, or PTO Tracking -- If you offer your employees vacation and sick leave, we can set up an efficient system to track paid time off, minimizing headaches for managers and ensuring that employees are able to take off the time they have earned.
Learn more about our Paid Time Off Tracking Services
- Direct Deposit -- Want to eliminate paper paychecks and set up a direct deposit system for your employees? We can help you set that up as part of our services.
Learn more about our Direct Deposit Payroll Services
When is it Time to Outsource Payroll?
1. When there have been significant tax changes affecting your industry
The tax code is 187 times larger than it was in 1913, and continues to grow every year. If recent changes to the tax code have targeted your industry, your payroll functions could also be affected. The problem becomes even more significant when you operate in more than one state or jurisdiction, as you are then subject to changes in state and local tax codes as well. Becoming familiar with all the tax changes is maddening, and is something you won't have to worry about when you allow us to provide payroll services for you.
2. When you are concerned about a security breach
Security breaches are becoming more and more common; however, many small businesses lack the resources to effectively protect their data. You could wind up being liable if sensitive information falls into the wrong hands, and may therefore wish to consider outsourcing your payroll if your infrastructure is not as up-to-date as you would like it to be. Our firm takes data security very seriously, which is why we safeguard your information as carefully as if it were our own.
3. After experiencing significant growth
Handling payroll for only a few employees is much different than taking care of it for several workers. As such, you may notice that the way you do things no longer works if you have recently experienced significant growth. This is especially true if you now have more than 50 full-time employees, as ensuring you comply with requirements contained in the Affordable Care Act (ACA) can be frustrating. Here at Chandler & Knowles, we work with businesses of all sizes, and can ensure a seamless transition during periods of significant growth.
4. When it becomes necessary to cut costs
Is your company needing to cut costs in order to keep your doors open? If so, one of the best ways to cut costs is by streamlining operations through outsourcing payroll and other accounting-related services to us. Doing so is more affordable than you might think, as outsourced payroll is typically far less expensive than performing it in-house. Not only that, but outsourced payroll can help you avoid some of the fines and penalties an estimated 40 percent of all small business owners wind up paying the IRS each year.
5. When you don't seem to have enough time to complete payroll
As a business owner, there are always plenty of things that require your attention. During your busy workday, it can be easy to forget about taking care of your payroll and put it off until the last minute. If you are regularly pulling an "all-nighter" in order to complete your payroll, or worse yet, paying your employees late, this is a sign you definitely need some assistance. Allow us to handle payroll for you so you can focus on the things that matter most to your business.
Get Payroll Solutions from Chandler & Knowles
When you hire Chandler & Knowles CPAs to handle your payroll administration, you can rest easy knowing that you have an accounting professional keeping your payroll system on track and protecting your business from costly mistakes.
Call us or fill out our online contact form to learn more about our payroll services. You can also schedule an appointment and visit our Flower Mound CPA firm if you would like to speak with us in person. Trust our team to offer accounting services online and nationwide.
Spread the Word:
"I recommend Chandler & Knowles CPA's without hesitation, and we look forward to working with Rochelle, Kristy and the rest of the C&K staff for another 7 years and beyond!"
~ Tony Rex, CEO of Medical Experts of Texas, P.A./Premier Inpatient Management Services, LLC
They are a great company to trust with all of your tax needs. They are good people and I enjoy my relationship with them. And it truly is a relationship, not just a service I use once a year.
~ Rick Schenck, UPS Business Owner
Great people. Effective. Efficient. Competent. Unlikely you would find a better, or even equal, CPA firm in the DFW Metroplex, and likely in the State.
~ Todd Benton
"The staff at Chandler & Knowles CPAs could not be better! They are always friendly, accommodating, and efficient. Their quick return/response time is greatly appreciated, as customer service is an uncommon practice during this day and time."
~ Tracy Richards