Choosing a professional to assist with your tax preparation isn’t a decision you should make lightly. You need to work with someone who has the experience necessary to minimize your taxes while remaining in compliance with IRS rules. If you choose an inexperienced tax accountant, you may end up paying more than you have to in taxes, and if you choose a careless or unscrupulous accountant, your tax return may raise red flags that lead to an audit.
Don’t take unnecessary risks with your tax return: get tax preparation help from a qualified CPA at Chandler & Knowles. Our firm has been assisting businesses and individuals with their tax planning and preparation needs since 1996, and we have the experience and resources necessary to save you money by legitimate means.
At Chandler & Knowles, we provide year-round tax services. We work closely with our clients to identify opportunities and develop tax savings strategies with a focus on both immediate and future goals.
Tax preparation is the process of gathering, organizing and reporting your final taxable income. Items necessary to begin your tax return include all proof of income forms such as W-2, 1099, and information on capital gains. You will also need any forms received with interest income paid to you, rents, and any other form of income you might have received during the tax year. In addition, you should gather all receipts for expenses such as mortgage payments, taxes paid, medical expenses, and more. If you own a business, there is an extensive list of items you will need to have ready to prepare for your tax return filing.
Tax prep services performed by a professional tax accountant will ensure that tax laws are followed and that you are given all tax breaks allowed. Chandler and Knowles can provide you with an all-inclusive list of items you may need as part of your tax preparation.
Why Is It Important?
The purpose of preparing to get your tax return done is to ascertain that you report all income earned and that you are able to receive all applicable and allowable deductions available. A professional tax preparer is educated and trained to assist in finding any and all ways to reduce your tax bill.
Industries We Specialize In
Our online CPAs specialize in high income individual and business owners tax preparation. This includes but is not limited to: physicians, veterinarians, dentists, real estate agents and attorneys. Taking advantage of tax breaks and credits will lower your tax bracket thus maximizing your tax refund. We offer a variety of tax services to professionals and families.
Who We Serve:
- Individuals & Families -- Whether your individual tax situation is relatively simple or complex, we can help you prepare your taxes and identify legitimate deductions. Working with an experienced CPA at Chandler & Knowles is an especially prudent choice if you have recently experienced any major changes that affected your finances, such as getting married, becoming self-employed, or retiring.
Learn more about our Individual & Family Tax Services
- Partnerships -- If you have established a business with one or more partners, you will need to complete Form 1065. This form can be difficult to navigate, especially if this is the first year you have filed your taxes as a partnership. Our firm can help you work through the form, accurately report your profits and losses, and identify opportunities for saving money.
- Corporations -- We provide tax services for all businesses structures, including LLCs, corporations, and S-corporations. We understand the tax implications of each type of business and will look closely at your tax records to make sure you remain in compliance.
Other Tax Services:
- Estate, Gift, Trust & Non-Profit Tax Returns -- We assist with complex tax situations, including filing for a domestic estate or trust, taxable gifts, or a non-profit entity.
Learn more about our Estate, Gift, Trust & Non-Profit Tax Planning Services
- State Tax Preparation -- We don’t just work on federal tax returns: we can assist you with your state or local taxes, including business property tax renditions and state sales and use tax returns.
Learn more about our State Tax Preparation Services
- Recently Relocated Families -- Have you recently relocated for your job, family or any other reason? The professionals at Chandler & Knowles CPAs are experts at helping individuals and families prepare their taxes following their move to a new state.
Learn more about our Relocation Tax Services
- Tax Planning -- Chandler & Knowles CPAs can help with your advanced tax planning throughout the year, allowing you to make well-informed financial decisions that will benefit you or your business in the future.
Tax Preparation Vs Tax Planning
As we have already stated, tax prep is the act of gathering and organizing the information for your tax filing. When doing tax preparation, a CPA will use the information you provide to fill in the blanks and plug-in formulas to determine your final tax liability. Advice can be offered for the future year but the tax return for the present year remains the same.
On the contrary, tax planning is useful for future returns. Tax planning is an ongoing, proactive, strategic plan that will help you make the most of your tax write-offs and deductions. A talented tax planner will help you put together a long term tactic for reducing your taxable income and deferring taxes until a later date. Tax planning is a legal way for taxpayers to use tax law to their advantage. Tax strategists know and understand the importance of planning for future tax savings.
High-income individuals have complicated and detailed tax returns. That is why it is important to hire an experienced, educated CPA who can not only guide you through the preparation phase but also spot areas where you can make tax-free investments and allocate income appropriately. At Chandler & Knowles CPAs we can assist with tax planning and offer year-round tax services as well. We work with you to protect your present income and plan for your future savings.
How to Choose A Tax Preparation Service
We recommend choosing our tax professionals over a DIY tax preparation software. Our CPAs have years of experience and solutions to fit your individual needs. Items like deductions and other tax strategies are often missed using basic softwares. In order to choose the best tax preparer this year we recommend you evaluate:
- Areas of expertise
- Awards and accolades
- Electronic filing capabilities
- Reviews and recommendations
Contact Chandler & Knowles CPAs Today
To learn more about our tax services contact us today at (817) 533-8568, or fill out our contact form to schedule your appointment at our office in CPA firm in Flower Mound. Not from the area? We are still happy to assist you over the phone or through email.
“Avoidance of tax is not a criminal offense. All taxpayers have the right to reduce, avoid or minimize their taxes by legitimate means.” IRS manual sec 22.214.171.124.4
Spread the Word:
"I recommend Chandler & Knowles CPA's without hesitation, and we look forward to working with Rochelle, Kristy and the rest of the C&K staff for another 7 years and beyond!"
~ Tony Rex, CEO of Medical Experts of Texas, P.A./Premier Inpatient Management Services, LLC
They are a great company to trust with all of your tax needs. They are good people and I enjoy my relationship with them. And it truly is a relationship, not just a service I use once a year.
~ Rick Schenck, UPS Business Owner
Great people. Effective. Efficient. Competent. Unlikely you would find a better, or even equal, CPA firm in the DFW Metroplex, and likely in the State.
~ Todd Benton
"The staff at Chandler & Knowles CPAs could not be better! They are always friendly, accommodating, and efficient. Their quick return/response time is greatly appreciated, as customer service is an uncommon practice during this day and time."
~ Tracy Richards